Google Adsense is one of the most popular ways to earn money online by placing ads on the website. To get Adsense approval, you need to submit your website for review.
In addition to placing ads, Google Adsense provides a Google search engine for a website that helps generate more Google Adsense revenue. If you are an Adsense publisher, you should try this method to make money with Adsense.
When the user enters a keyword in the search box of your website, a user will be redirected to the search page, where the search result will be displayed with relevant ads. If a user clicks on one of the advertising links on the search results page, you receive a commission for that.
Table of Contents
Here is our Search Engine Box – Type and Try it
As you can see in the results, there are some ads and results from other websites. this can be harmful for a website yet might be profitable depending where and how you use it.
Product-Specific AdSense Rules for Search Engine Box
Google AdSense has some specific rules for every ad service they provide. We highly recommend any publishers to read the policy of the Search Engine box before placing the ads on their websites.
AdSense for search
When using the Google search box, be sure to follow the policies below.
- Use a maximum of two Google AdSense fields for searches on a single page.
- Avoid placing too many ads on a search results page.
- Users must enter data directly into the search box, including pre-populated terms in the search box and hard-coded direct links to search results pages are prohibited.
- Do not embed AdSense for search code in a software application such as a toolbar.
Search Engine Box Custom Layout Guide
You can replace the default Google search form with a different layout. We’ll show you how to do that in a moment.
Let us first see the step by step guide on how to integrate Google search engine on a website.
Add Google Adsense search box and search result code
Log in to your Adsense account . From your Adsense dashboard, click Ads > Overview > By ad unit tab> Search Engine
- Name your search engine ad
- click on Entire Web
- Create Ad and close
- You will see the Search engine ad in your existing ads
- Click on Pen button (Edit)
- Go to Editor.
- You may not be able to edit your search engine ads if you do not have permission.
- For more information go to : Google support page
Adsense search engine: Is it really Profitable?
In our experience, This Adsense module is much less profitable than ad units since the Internet user must click on an ad on the results page to earn a few cents…
Moreover, by promoting the User experience, if you choose to open the search area to the entire web, you run the risk of seeing your visitors go to another site whose result in the SERP corresponds more to their search. This option should therefore be avoided on most sites.